PHIDIAS HPC – Building a prototype for Earth Science Data and HPC Services
Thank you for joining!
Download the presentations now!
- PHIDIAS offering to HPC community – Boris Dintrans, CINES, PHIDIAS Project Coordinator
- Intelligent screening of satellite data for air quality and climate – Pascal Prunet, SPASCIA, PHIDIAS WP4 Leader
- On-demand image processing for environmental monitoring : challenges and uses cases coming from earth observation data – Jean-Christophe Desconnets, IRD, PHIDIAS WP5 Leader
- Boosting the use of cloud services for marine data studies – Cecile Nys, IFREMER, PHIDIAS WP6 member
- AI Services targeting user communities – Aleksi Kallio, Development Manager of data analytics, CSC – IT Centre of Science Ltd, WP7 member
..and watch the webinar video now!
Description and Scope
High-Performance Computing (HPC) technology is becoming increasingly important as a key driver to push European economic growth and Scientific Research. A comprehensive tool that can support the development of a wide array of scientific domains (like Big Data, earth observation and ocean study) and impact societal challenges as well.
The Webinar aims at introducing the Phidias HPC initiative to the European HPC and Research community, including main features, expected impact and advantages for Research & HPC ecosphere. The project is paving the way to increase the HPC and Data capacities of the European Data Infrastructure by pursuing the following objectives:
- Building a prototype for earth scientific data
- Enabling Open Access to HPC Services
- Strengthening FAIRisation
- Creating a framework combining computing, dissemination and archiving resources
- Better understand how HPC technology can enable more accurate data observation
- Discover the benefits of Standardised DATA/HPC services for Earth Sciences
- Keep abreast with the current status of the European HPC ecosystem
- Boris Dintrans, CINES & PHIDIAS Coordinator
- Pascal Prunet, WP4 Leader, SPASCIA
- Jean-Christophe Desconnets, WP5 Leader, IRD
- Cecile Nys, WP6 member, IFREMER
- Aleksi Kallio, Focus on AI Services targeting the user communities, CSC – IT Centre of Science Ltd
Agenda – 10:00 AM CEST
10:00 – 10:10 – PHIDIAS offering to HPC community – Boris Dintrans
10:10 – 10:20 – Improving the efficiency of the intelligent screening of environmental satellite data – Pascal Prunet, WP4 Leader, SPASCIA
10:20 – 10:30 – On-demand image processing for environmental monitoring: challenges and uses cases coming from earth observation data – Jean-Christophe Desconnets, WP5 Leader, IRD
10:30 – 10:35 – Q&A
10:35 – 10:45 – Boosting the use of cloud services for marine data studies – Cecile Nys, WP6 member, IFREMER
10:45 – 10:55 – AI Services targeting user communities – Aleksi Kallio, Development Manager of data analytics, CSC – IT Centre of Science Ltd
10:55 – 11:00 – Q&A
11:00 – 11:05 – Final remarks